Monday 20 August 2012

So what if Jesus was married?

I was having a conversation with two of my colleagues and the topic of the book Secrets of the Truth by Gary Scrimnger came up (who happens to be my colleagues' husband) which explores everything from religion to  and we came to the topic of Dan Brown's book The Da Vinci Code. I found that most parents didn't want their children to watch the movie because it either might destroy their faith of make them ask too many questions.

I watched the movie because my mom insisted and I was very interested. For those of you who have not seen it basically, Dan Brown claims that Jesus had a bloodline... A daughter named Sarah. The main discussion around it is: How can Dan Brown say Jesus had a family, was married and concieved a daughter? That is just unthinkable... why is it so unthinkable? Having a wife and daughter shouldn't make him less devine. I don't understand why it would be such a problem... because according to me, that would make Jesus even more amazing in my eyes. Being able to be married, look after a child and save the world??? That's aces in my book.
Parents should raise their kids to know that no stupid book should change your mind about anything, nor should your friends. Having a strong sense of faith and will would be the best thing you could teach your kids. When I have kids one day, I will make sure I let them know that whatever they choose to be or do, I will stand by them through it all. Whether it be in terms of sexuality, religion or career. No matter what they choose, they shouldn't feel the need to hide it from me because that's where dishonesty and rebellion starts.

The controvesy is not the fact that Jesus might have left us a bloodline but the fact that the church could be hiding all of this information from us. I've read that there are many books that are not in the Bible. Doesn't the church think that we might want to know Judas's side of the story too? Or maybe Mary would clarify what really happened between her and Jesus. Maybe we would know why Adam really ate the fruit if we read The Book of Adam.

The lies need to stop and be revealed. We're tired of being oppressed by the lies we are being told everyday. The same as Marriage... "It is just some bujour ideal society embeds in us from a early age to promote a consumer capitalistic gender."

I don't like being told what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment