Thursday 16 August 2012

For the Love of House

My love for HOUSE is greater than anything i've ever felt... the moment our tempo's met. Our bodies started moving, grooving and soothing to the beat.
I still remember the exact song that was playing. As we moved closer and closer... our hands touch and our hearts explode to the rythme of the music of life, HOUSE!
It was too much to handle. I turn away, ready to leave behind the motion he's put my body in... "Its been 10 years..." for us, its been less. "in clubs", in this very club. "on beaches" aah christmas eve of 2006... STOP!! "Breathe Easy Lovers" - I had to catch my breath. I needed to get out, out of this comotion and emotion. I step outside for a brief moment, my heart still beating, for HOUSE.

I take in multiple deep breaths and think, "should i go back?" "should i let myself fall to the rythme and beat of... " Your face, your style, your smile... baby please" SH!T. A tear rolls down my cheek but hey, no worries "My tears dry on their own".
I take a slow walk back inside... the closer to the door i get, the more i hear "ai... ai". I get to the edge of the dance floor and made my way onto it, just then... "I saw you walking through the room..." DAMN "...you made me freeze"... "There's something natural in the way you touch me" as he trebles towards me "it's a feeling that i cant describe" i wont even try.

We exchanged digits and when i got home that Sunday morning i thought to myself... haha... instead i put on Soul Candi and let HOUSE do my thinking for me. I was in deep beat when i heard my name, at first i thought i was hallucinating but then i realised that HOUSE called my name. The radio was on in the living room and it was YFM playing. A dedication for me, from HOUSE. I turn up the vol to hear, "I will be there when you call" OH GOSH how'd he know? Then i heard a beat that sounded familiar, the same intense beat i heard at the club "...... yeah" What song is that?? Then it stopped... "doem doem doem do do doem yeah" Its like i'm back at the club again... he's taking me back... back to the day we first met. "Im Feeling.... i got to have you baby" HAHAHAHA smooth move player. "Your the cause..... of my blues"... This is the very heart and soul of HOUSE. "You.. are... 4real" HOUSE is 4real! HOUSE is everything.

I will always have love for you HOUSE music! You are the hook and the breakdown. You are the beat of my heart and the rythme combination to my soul. You are the umph to my bass and the treble that keeps me moving through all these days.

- Davreaux Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment